Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013


Fibro-storm

Good morning!  Can you believe this weather that we're having... it's the middle of April for gosh sakes!  And yesterday was a snowday for school and it's snowing again this morning, the calves are even depressed.  What's up?  Mother nature must be really angry.  I can't imagine why... all the pollution and lack of appreciation.  But, that's a post for another day.  


What I really wanted to talk about was my more recent philosophical meanderings on life.  This snow storm was not in my plan, nor was Grandpa and Grandma's power being out so we had some extra "things" added to our day.   Or the fact that I haven't slept in a week.  
Or the fact that I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.  Yep, those dang little tidbits that get thrown into my life that I hadn't planned nor had I even thought about preparing for.  I mean, I had a nice little life plan.  Teach at my local public school until I was 49 years old, then retire comfortably with Superman, enjoy all my little grandbabies, travel a little, craft a lot... you know, paradise.  

Now this fibro-thing.  I don't understand it.  It's like that snowstorm.  It came without warning, just when I thought spring was coming.  You know, the kids were becoming more independent, the school thing was under control, life was finally looking sunny.  Then BAM!  Snow in April.  It's taken away my ability to travel (without discomfort), my motivation and thinky-ness (so much FOG some days).  It's made little things (like sleeping through the night) become big things.  Like in the snow, every step takes more effort.  



Just like a long winter, I've also learned that things take longer.  And that's ok.  I need to pay more attention to the things I need.  Time and energy need to be inventoried and stored.  I need to take into account the hard days, stock up on them so I'm prepared for the next storm.  Take stock of my priorities and get rid of things that are polluting my system.  Enjoy the things that are fantastic in my life... warm friends, a super family, and God's wisdom.  Happy spring!  

Linking up to:
 
Titus 2 Tuesday Link Party #47

No comments:

Post a Comment