Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Goals and Gratefulness

Good morning, yep, it is good.  I'm feeling much better.  This should just be a reminder to me about how quickly things can change.  I was pretty miserable yesterday morning and today, well, it's good.  It's Saturday, so everyone is still sleeping.  I slept like a log last night which hasn't happened in a while.  Sleep can certainly change your outlook!

Since I'm feeling better I need to get back to this whole reinvention idea.  I have so many things I want to do and try.  I actually started a bucket list this summer for the first time.  But that will wait for a different day.  My immediate ideas are so big I think I need to break them into categories....

1. Nutrition-  I know that I feel better when I eat better, but that takes effort that sometimes I want to put elsewhere.  And while the effects aren't always immediate there sometimes come at the most inopportune times.
  •  no more diet mtn. dew (yes, I know, poison, but I love it and it helps me get things done!)
  •  more fruits/veggies
  • less carbs/sugar

2. Fitness
  •  I used to be able to run 4 miles at a time and then weight lift and I'd like to be able to do at least 1/2 that now with ease. 
  • Lose 15 pounds (anthem of all women everywhere?  Do I hear an amen?)
  • Just climbing the stairs without feeling exhausted would be great!
3. Spiritual
  • I don't know myself well,  I need to get reacquainted!
  • Be able to honestly tell myself that "I AM AWESOME, GOD MADE ME THAT WAY!"
  • Look for adventures and say "YES."
4.  Creating-  I need to take 1/2 an hour+ to do what moves me
  • music
  • sewing
  • painting
  • writing
  • building
5. Organization- I'd like my house to be neat and clean with less effort.  I think we have too much stuff.  Cutting the clutter would be good for me in the financial aspect too!

  • recipe book
  • cabinets
  • garage
  • craft stuff

 It all seems easy enough if you don't figure in that my day to day survival takes up a big chunk of the day.  I'm determined to find my own happiness.  I've made my five year plan!  And in that plan there is a side-note about having my book published.  Root me on friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment